Saturday 4 September 2010

There's no place like Home

After 10 weeks in Canada, I arrived home safely yesterday and had a wonderful surprise when Adrian was there to meet me at Manchester airport. I thought I was getting the train and a taxi home as I was expecting him to be back at work ! I arrived home to another surprise when to my amazement the back garden which was a open space of mud and weeds when I left is now a beautiful lawn and patio area. And, on top of all that the house was clean and tidy - and he has still managed to find time to climb the Matterhorn while I've been away - What a terrific husband I've got !
I am still in a bit of a daze and I'm sure it will take weeks and months for everything I've experienced to sink in. I've been fortunate to meet a lot of amazing people on my travels and to them all I say a huge thank you, and I will be in touch soon.
For now I am enjoying - you've guessed it - a home made cup of proper tea, some lovely sunny weather, just being with Adrian and am looking forward to catching up with the rest of my family and friends in the next few days.
Thank you for all the support I've had from those who have been following my blog, I will keep updating - albeit not as frequently - with developments as they happen. I have promised to do a lot of things on the back of this fellowship and I still have a lot of fun & hard work to come.
Take care all, thanks again for all your help & watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment